Wednesday, November 12, 2008

11-10-2008

Spent a lot of time with a soft wire detail brush cleaning up sand that got stuck in the primer. Vacuumed as much sand out as possible and started spraying the area with white paint. Most of it went on pretty smoothly but a few areas wrinkled and lifted where they overlapped older paint. I’ll clean those up and make them all white and pretty. There was also a fair amount of overspray on areas that were not white but that should be easy enough to clean up as well. As soon as everything is dry I’ll be detailing the hydraulic lines with silver paint and touching up all the other detail painting work in the engine bay.

Once that is all done it’s back to reassembling the motor. I’ll be hanging the alternator, fan pulley and fan and reinstalling the exhaust and intake manifolds. I’ve got to get the radiator, heater core and gas tank to the radiator shop so they can get them cleaned up and flushed out. Then it’s more sorting out of the wiring in the engine by…oh joy.

I found the little arm on the heater box that controls whether the air goes to the heat or defroster ducts was broken off. So I got out my trusty pop-rivet gun and fixed that fairly quickly. I’m going to do a little experiment and insulate the inside of the heater box…I figure anything that adds to the heating ability of an MG heating system will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment