Saturday, May 9, 2009

5-09-2009

Did I tell you all that I got a new grill? Well I did from a member on the MG forum.. A brand new one with the black honeycomb inside…very purrdy.

I also just got a new in-the-box autumn leaf interior panel kit from another member on the forum. Got great prices on both so I is a happy little bee.

Finished installing the sound deadening material and thermal insulation in the cockpit. I think it will work out nicely and, again, all of it only cost a total of around $100.00.

I also got the emergency brake handle cleaned up and the metal part painted. The chrome was a bit pitted and ratty looking so I just sprayed it silver. I’ve also just about finished respraying the cockpit silver. Still some touch up and some painting behind the dash but I’m pretty much done.
I’m going to pull the shifter lever out and shorten it around 1½” -2” to give it a more modern throw. I’ll have to grind it down and use a die to make the new threads and then cut the top off of it.





Ordered the outer oil seals for the rear axle. Only the passenger side seal was bad but since the entire brake assembly and backing plate are coming off the driver side too, replacing the oil seal on that side becomes a “might as well do it while I'm in there” job.




I finished cleaning and repainting the driver side front suspension. I’ll still have to pull it all apart again to replace the shocks but I hate working on a dirty, greasy car.





Final cleaning, sealing and painting of the underside is going slowly, but it is going. The rear axle and suspension are all cleaned and repainted except for the area right around the differential cover. Since I have to change the lube in the differential I’m waiting to paint that area until it is refilled and the new cover gasket is in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment