Wednesday, October 22, 2008

10-21-2008

I got the remainder of the engine block cleaned and painted. I purchased one of those “as seen on TV’ battery-powered rotary bushes that look like a giant toothbrush. It works okay but the most useful part of it is that the small, circular brush tip has very stiff bristles. I sprayed brake cleaner on a part of the block and then scrubbed it with the brush. On or off, the brush seemed to work about the same.

I got the driver side of the block cleaned and put down two layers of the black, high-temp paint. While I was in there, I also cleaned the steering shaft and rack and got them sprayed black as well as the engine cross member.



















Tonight I’ll get under the car and finish cleaning the underside of the engine, the oil pan and the rest of the cross member and engine area. I’ll spray those with the appropriate black paint and then move onto the remainder of the driver side engine bay. I’ll be cleaning, priming and then painting it white after I have the fun of pulling off all of the stuff attached to the inner fender well on that side of the engine bay.

I’ve decided that I’m just going to replace the rear wiring harness with one that my MG friend Kevin pulled off of his 73 parts car instead of trying to repair Stevie Wonder’s work on my current harness. Kevin has many parts that I’m gonna wind up needing so I think he’s going to have the opportunity to sell those parts very, very soon…yay for both of us!

I also got the back half of the heater box out. The area below the heater box was pretty caked up with dirt and small debris. I got my little rotary brush out and cleaned and vacuumed all of the crud out, washed it down with brake cleaning fluid and then sprayed a coat of truck bed liner. When dried, I’ll primer and paint it.

















Above and below: heater box opening




















I have to go do early voting tomorrow so I may not get much done before I trundle off to work but some things must supercede my MG project…I’m so patriotic:)

No comments:

Post a Comment