Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Knocking it out!

Much done in the last two days.

Cleaned the entire underside of cars plus wheel wells
Put two layers of spray-on truck bed liner.
Painted two coats of silver paint on entire underside and wheel wells.
Completely finished the cockpit sound deadening and thermal installation install.
Applied two coats of truck bed liner to the inside of the new body panels- i.e. both sills, the lower front fender halves and the doglegs. When those are dry I’ll put at least three layers of rust preventative paint on them. When they are actually welded to the car I’ll pump paint mixed with Penetrol into all the body cavities and then finish it off with an application of Waxoyl.

I’m still waiting on the latest parts order to arrive so that I can replace the oil seals on the rear axle. Once that is done I can finish rebuilding the rear brakes, clean and paint the rear axle and refill it with 90-wt gear oil. Then I’ll be replacing the parking brake cable plus the rear flexible brake line and clutch slave line with the braided stainless ones. Then, of course, all of the hydraulics get bled and I can test out my Ezi-bleed bleeder tool.

Tonight I’m pulling the oil cooler back off to get it flushed and pressure tested and to get what is apparently a small leak repaired. I’ll also be pulling the carbs back off and sending them off to Butch at Imports Europa in Burlington so they can get rebuilt.

Work is actually going fairly quickly now and I hope to start the major body work and welding in the next 8-10 days

Oh, I also got a like-new set of autumn leaf seat covers from a member of the mgexperience.net forum. They were installed but not liked so they got pulled back off. They are just about new and I got them for next to nothing compared to the $400.00+ price that Moss Motors charges for a
new set.



















































No comments:

Post a Comment