Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We don't need no stinking left shoulder!

The big-ish news is that I have apparently either torn the rotator cuff in my left shoulder or have something called peripheral neuropathy (some sort of damage to my nerves) I won’t know for sure unless I get an MRI but since I have no health insurance, it may be a while before I know. Not too easy trying to turn wrenches with constant pain and occasional numbness radiating from your shoulder to your fingertips and your arm in a sling. But such is life.

In spite of that I got some more done last night.
I got the suspension, drive shaft u-joints and parking brake cable greased (because I finally went out and bought a grease gun) and I installed the cotter pins in the parking brake cable clevis pins where they meet the levers as well as the pins in the clutch and brake pedals at the master cylinders.

Upon closer inspection I’m going to have to replace that clutch pedal again since the hole in the end of the arm that links it to the master cylinder via a clevis pin is noticeably egged out.
I pulled the starter out and cleaned it and its contacts and got it nicely painted. I’ll be cleaning and retaping the starter harness next and adding additional wires for more power circuits and fuse boxes.

The reason I pulled the starter was to be able to replace the flexible rubber hose to the clutch slave cylinder…fucking pain in the ass that was!!!
I finally managed to get the old line off and the new one in place but it was a huge wrestling match. I had to hacksaw off the metal of the hose where it meets the support bracket so that I could get a deep well socket on it since a wrench just couldn’t turn the fixing nut without stripping it.

I also installed an Ezi-bleed bleeder nipple on the slave and just “sorta” bled it. It seems that Ezi-bleed bleeder works as advertised. When I do the others on the braking system I’ll report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment